Last Updated on February 2, 2023 by Shariful Alam
Muslin Jamdani Saree
Asian women have been draping Dhakai muslin sarees for centuries. Jamdani sarees are known for their unique blend of tradition and modernity. These have become a popular choice for Asian as well as west Bengal women. If you want to look stylish and elegant muslin jamdani saree is a must in your wardrobe.
The Muslin Jamdani Saree is a must to make you stand out in a crowd. Whether you are attending a wedding, party, date, or any formal occasion! the jamdani saree is a great choice.
Dhakai muslin is a special type of fabric that is only found in Bangladesh. It is made from the finest quality cotton thread. Muslin jamdani sarees are both beautiful and unique.
The sarees are often embellished with colorful and intricate designs. Which can make using a variety of different techniques. Jamdani sarees are famous for their unique blend of tradition and modernity.
What is muslin jamdani Saree?
Muslin Jamdani is jamdani woven on Muslin fabric. Most time with shimmer or zari threads. Muslin Jamdani is lightweight and nearly transparent.
Muslin is one of the most ancient fabrics. Highly demanding and unbelievable weaving made it more than an art. In the 16th century, we got the presence of Muslin in Bengal as well as India. Perhaps it’s assumed that Muslin was being weaved before this timeline.
Muslin Jamdani was one of the varieties of Muslin and it was highly in demand. Upper-class society and rich people had a monopolistic eye on it. Due to the high price commons couldn’t afford it.
It was an attire of festivals. In the 16th-17th century, a wedding without Muslin jamdani was unbelievable. Not only brides, but grooms also wore jamdani at that time. They wore pagri (turban), Kamar bandh (waist belt), Shawl, etc made of muslin jamdani with their wedding dresses.
Muslin Vs Jamdani fabric
Have you ever wondered what is the difference between muslin and jamdani fabric? When it comes to fabric, there are many different types, Each has its own unique characteristics. Both fabrics are made from cotton. There are actually some key differences between them that set them apart. Let’s see-
- The main difference between muslin and Jamdani fabric is the way they are made. Muslin is a plain weave fabric, while Jamdani is a hand-woven fabric.
- Muslin is a plain weave fabric that’s why the threads are woven over and under each other in a simple pattern. This makes the fabric less elastic and more likely to wrinkle. Jamdani is a hand-woven fabric, which means the threads are woven together into an intricate pattern. This makes the fabric more fragile and less likely to wrinkle.
- Another difference between these two fabrics lies in their patterns. Muslin features a plainer design, while Jamdani often has intricate patterns woven into the fabric itself. This gives Jamdanian added visual interest and makes it stand out from other fabrics more easily.
- Muslin is a lightweight fabric with cotton thread work. Jamdani is a bit heavier because of the heavy work with Zari, or other threads.
- Muslin has a smooth surface, while Dhakai Jamdani has a more textured surface.
- Muslin is typically softer and more delicate, while Dhakai jamdani is usually more sturdy and durable.
Matka Muslin Jamdani Saree
The combination of the finest Muslins and pure Matka Silk, along with intricate handwoven motifs makes Matka muslin jamdani saree an elite look.
Matka muslin is made from Mulberry silk waste that is left untreated. The half Matka and half muslin give them a unique look among others.
Matka muslin jamdani sarees are dressy enough for weddings and breezy enough for work.
Matka muslin is handwoven with motif work. These sarees are lightweight, delicate to touch and exotic to behold & wearable throughout the year. These are available in multiple colors that fill up your wardrobe with purity, richness, elegance & ultimate in luxury.
Contemporary Designer’s fusion of Muslin Jamdani Fabric
Designers are putting their own unique spin on the traditional muslin saree. By fusion, it not only with contemporary designs but also with muslin sarees fabric materials.
The relevant results are beautiful and unique. Whether you looking for a traditional saree with a modern twist? A contemporary saree with a traditional touch, these designer’s muslin sarees are sure to impress.
Nowadays fashion designers are working on jamdani very unconventionally. They are blending the conventional jamdani fabric with other fabrics. If we go through many benefits behind these fusions, the high price is a big complication.
That’s why the designers, as well as weavers, are making these categories to avail it at an affordable price.
There are many fabric fusions that are popular. Like-
- Matka Muslin Jamdani.
- Muslin Silk jamdani.
- Muslin Dhakai Jamdani.
- Muslin Khadi Jamdani.
- Resham Silk Muslin Saree.
- Half Silk Muslin Jamdani.
- Kota Muslin Jamdani.
- Pure Silk muslin saree
These variations are making Jamdani different, fashionable, and a bit affordable.
Traits of Dhakai Muslin Jamdani Saree
Fabric as mentioned before, Dhakai muslin is a special type of fabric that is only found in Bangladesh. It is made from the best quality cotton named “Phuti karpas”. Though we are working to bring back actual Muslin, it will take time.
Here are some traits of contemporary Dhakai Muslin Jamdani-
- The traditional saree is made of unbleached and undyed cotton thread, which is hand-woven on a manual handloom.
- Dhakai muslins are also renowned for their ability to keep the wearer cool in hot weather, making them ideal for summer wear.
- Dhakai muslins are known for their transparency and delicate eye-catchy motifs.
- The beautiful designs on the sarees are created using the Jamdani technique, which is a supplementary weft weaving method.
- Due to the intricate craftsmanship involved in making them, Dhakai muslins are quite expensive. However, they are worth the invested money, cause they can be passed down from generation to generation.
- The Muslin Jamdani saree is extremely light and airy, making it perfect for summer days.
- Muslin Jamdani sarees are very durable and strong because of the tight weaving.
- They have a very smooth finishing that’s why they are very comfortable to wear. you won’t feel any kind of irritation or itching.
What to see in pure muslin jamdani saree?
The Muslin jamdani saree is made of pure muslin, which gives it a unique appearance. For sure, it’ll make you stand out from the crowd. But there are some facts you need to see in pure muslin jamdani saree to be sure this is original.
Muslin jamdani sarees have very high prices in any currency due to time consumption, the complexity of designs, etc.
So if anyone is selling a muslin jamdani saree for less than 200$, for sure that’s not the original muslin Jamdani.
Muslin Jamdani has designs with one thread. On the back side, you can feel there is no cut thread and the back side is totally smooth. If you want to tear a piece of thread, you can’t. Pure muslin jamdani sarees are often light and airy, making them perfect for hot weather. They also have a natural shine that can be enhanced with a good cleaning.
Muslin jamdani is a type of fabric that is made from the finest quality muslin. The fabric is very durable, making it a good choice for those who want a garment that will last for many years. As we’ve said before, Muslin jamdani sarees are often passed down from generation to generation.
The sarees are typically brightly colored and adorned with elaborate designs. Muslin jamdani is a labor-intensive fabric to produce, but the results are truly beautiful. If you’re looking for a timeless piece of Ethnic clothing, a muslin jamdani saree is a great choice.
Price of muslin Dhakai jamdani
It is no secret that muslin Dhakai sarees are some of the most expensive sarees available in the market. The final price of these sarees depends largely on the quality of the fabric.
Bangladesh is one of the largest producers and exporters of muslin Dhakai saree. The price of this saree varies depending on the quality.
The most expensive muslin Dhakai sarees are made with pure cotton & Zari thread and can cost up to 2000$. However, these sarees are very rare and are only found in a few boutiques in Bangladesh.
Where to buy muslin jamdani?
If you search for a place to buy Muslin sarees, there are many shops that sell them both online and offline. You can also find many designs and colors to choose from. With so many different places to buy muslin Dhakai jamdani saree, it can be difficult to know which site to search. Here are some of the different categories shops to buy these beautiful sarees-
Be careful while shopping online. Because often the online view and reality have some differences, especially in color. They often use some filters to make the picture brighter and more attractive.
There are various reasons behind the high demand. Such as the rarity of Muslin Jamdani sarees, the exquisite designs, and the fact that they are handwoven. Overall, it is evident that a lot of time and effort goes into making these sarees which makes them truly unique and special. The diversity in the quality of weaves and the numerous design options make them a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe.
Jamdani sarees provide the wearer to explore and experiment with different looks. Though this may affect your account they offer a timeless appeal. Surely, it’s an excellent investment.